- Select lot.
- Meet with builder to make changes to plans.
- Builder prices out “extras” that clients require.
- Builder and customer review & sign specs, extras, plans, builder contract, BHHS contract.
This stage typically takes approximately one month.
- Request permit from city (2-3 weeks).
- Stake lot.
- Meet with interior designer for initial planning session.
This stage typically takes 2-3 weeks.
Stage 1 – Foundation
Customer submits selections for roof color, plumbing fixtures, windows, front door, & fireplace.
Stage 2 – Framing:
Customer has electrical and cabinet walkthrough. Customer submits selections for exterior brick & stone, appliances, & garage doors.
Stage 3- Rough-ins (plumbing, wiring, duct work):
Customer submits selections for cabinets (& knobs), granite countertops, flooring, trim, door hardware color, light fixtures, deck, fireplace stone & iron balusters.
Stage 4 – Drywall:
Customer submits selections for interior/exterior paint & cabinet stain color.
Stage 5 – Trim & Paint:
Customer has landscaping walkthrough. Customer submits selections for mirrors, shower enclosure, & doorknobs.
Stage 6 – Finishes
Stage 7 – Final punch-out (taking care of the little things)
This stage typically takes 8 months.
- Customer submits a list of warranty items to builder 1 month after closing and again at 11 months after closing.